Sunday, January 4, 2015

Silent Night

I had a lot of fun creating this before Christmas.  The tree is a stencil with a multi-layered paint background.  I saw this bird on a Christmas card at school - it was easy to take off of the card, but I decided to doodle it onto my canvas so I could use the bird another time.  I traced the outline of the bird so I could paint the right shape and then copied the lines of the bird with Sharpie.
The falling snow is one of the stamps from "Gorgeous Grundge".  I painted snow on the branches, added a bit of music and finally decided what the words should be.  I wrote them by hand on a piece of card stock, glued them to the canvas and then added a bit of silver "Dazzling Details" around the edges.  

I've now made a fall tree canvas and a Christmas tree canvas.  I'd like to see if I can create one for each season so they can rotate through at my front door.

Hope your day is going well.
Create something everyday.
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment