Monday, February 17, 2014

My first altered book….

In October 2012, I had a Stampin'Up! booth set up at the Fine Arts Conference in Edmonton.  Two tables down from me was a woman set up with books made out of all sorts of paper, and she also had books that she was drawing in that had collages and painted pages.  That was the day I learned more about altered books and found paper books.  Emily Lagore and her daughter, Karly, had their goods for sale and Emily was showing, anyone who was interested, how to create mandalas. 

I bought a couple sharpies before I returned to the hotel room that night, and I have been doodling and altering books ever since.  I've also bound some of my own found paper books, learned about gelli plate printing, zentangles, mixed media and so much more.  I now call Emily a friend, and am so thankful for the world she has introduced me to.

The following are the pages I created (not in order) in my first little altered book.






























No comments:

Post a Comment