Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Broken Mandalas

Playing some catch-up with art I've done since the end of October.  My little 6x6 "Fire book" is getting filled up quite nicely.  With this mandala I'm experimenting with not having all of my lines touching…..gives it a different look.

I've been waiting a long time to work on this particular background.  It's made of tape strips  from left over gelli print paint.  I loved how they showed up on the black paper.

This is in a different book - I have a number of photos I took at the Louvre that I'm going to use for gell transfers.  I'm happy with the way these two turned out because sometimes I rub too hard!  

Daily Paper Prompt #64 - Contour Drawing.
This took a bit of practice - drawing a face without lifting the pen from the page AND without opening your eyes.  She looks a bit angry!  I added some flowers at the bottom in a continuous line too.

Create something you've never tried today.
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment