Sunday, June 1, 2014

icad2014 warmups

I'm totally today is the first day of this years "Index Card a Day" - icad.  Tammy gave us some warmup exercises to do and, although I didn't do all of them, I have a few to share.  The pieces in the photo above are my watercolour practice sheets which I've cut into index card sizes for icad.  I may not use them all this year - but they're ready if needed.

The second warmup exercise (the first was to do a puzzle of some sort - crossword, sudoku, jigsaw…I've been working my way through all my jigsaw puzzles, so I had that warmup covered!)….anyway, the second warm up was to write 3 Haiku poems - not my favourite poem type - but I managed to write two on art journal pages that I'd already completed.

I never got around to doing more doodles on this micro bead page - so the Haiku fit in perfectly.

Warmup #3 was to take an index card on an adventure and doodle your name.  My deck may not have been much of an adventure - but I got my name doodled.
Warmup #4 was to create a "mobile icad creation station".  I am using the same box I used last year - it's a Stampin'Up! Paper Pumkin box - perfect size!  I travel with my watercolours and a jar of Golden Self Leveling Gel for collaging on index cards as the need/inspiration arises.

There is one more warmup to do - I may get to it today - I'll share when it's done.
I will definitely be sharing my icad day 1 card!
Have a great creative day!



No comments:

Post a Comment